Monday 12 July 2010

Yes Man



This is the kind of book that I wouldn't ordinarily go for as it's more of a diary type book than a novel and you can't beat a good novel. But from the moment I picked it up, I couldn't stop reading it and even when I wasn't reading it I was thinking about reading it.

The most appealing aspect of this book is the sheer positivity that just flows from it. It's the story of Danny who, upon finding himself in a bit of a rut, pulls himself out the only way he knows, with positive thinking.

One day Danny's train is canceled and he gets talking to a stranger on the replacement bus. In conversation the stranger tells Danny to "say Yes more" and that's exactly what he does. However, he doesn't just say yes more. He says yes to everything.

The consequences are both hilarious and heart breaking because as time goes on you really grow to love Danny and forget that he's not a character in a book, he's a real person describing real experiences.

Highlights are the conversations Danny has with his friends in the pub. I would recommend this book to anyone.

I've even started saying yes more myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment